Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in programs that empower all students to thrive and succeed in Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848-246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2015-16 Annual Report
2016 Back-to-school Video ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– Class Size Reduction
– College and Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
Thank You to Local Realtors!
We are pleased to announce that we raised over $116,000 from this year’s Honor Roll of Realtors campaign! Many thanks to the 2017 Honor Roll of Realtors who generously donated to enable our local K-12 schools to afford academic and enrichment programs that would otherwise not be possible. These realtors’ personal commitment to educational excellence deserves our community’s thanks and support. Remember to “support the realtors who support our schools!”.
Excellent Sheep: Reframing College as a Time for Self-Discovery
April 4, 2017 at 7:00pm
LAHS Eagle Theater.
View the exciting line-up of speakers and reserve your seat now!.
Shop at Amazon and Benefit the Foundation!
A percentage of your purchases will go toward our schools IF you shop through the AmazonSmile portal. It’s simple. You shop. Amazon gives.
#GivingTuesday – A Great Success!
We are very grateful for the families and community members who marked the day (Nov. 29th) with a donation to the MVLA High School Foundation.
$26,977 parents and community members
$14,000 local realtors participating in the Honor Roll of Realtors
$10,000 matching grant from LinkedIn
The total raised from Giving Tuesday was $50,977!
Thank you for your generous support!
News & Info
- Extended Library Hours, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- AVID expands, students grow, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- Interview with LAHS College & Career Center Director, The Talon published August 19, 2016.
- MVLA foundation raises record-breaking grant funds, Town Crier published June 15, 2016.
- MVLA Foundation Awards Grants for Innovative Teacher Projects, Town Crier published Nov 18, 2015.
- Mountain View High Launches BYOD Program, Town Crier published July 26, 2015.
- First Year for Learning In the Cloud, Town Crier published July 2, 2015.
- New Science Technology for Classrooms, Town Crier published Nov. 13, 2013.
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation.
- Support local merchants who support our schools.
- Support the realtors who support our schools.
- Read our GreatNonprofits reviews!
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent