Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in programs that empower all students to thrive and succeed in Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848-246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2015-16 Annual Report
2016 Back-to-school Video ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– Class Size Reduction
– College and Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
Our District Schools
Excellent Sheep: Reframing College as a Time for Self-Discovery
April 4, 2017 at 7:00pm
LAHS Eagle Theater.
View the exciting line-up of speakers and reserve your seat now!.
Innovative Learning Grants Awarded
The Mountain View Los Altos High School Foundation has awarded Innovative Learning Grants to 26 projects totaling $82,000 in the 2016-17 school year.
“We were pleased to receive more applications from the arts & humanities and to broaden our reach across all subject areas,” according to Laura Roberts, co-executive director of the Foundation.
The Innovative Learning Grants are competitive and require the completion of an application by a teacher or teachers submitted to the district’s Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services, Brigitte Sarraf.
Congratulations to the following grant recipients and projects.
Los Altos High Grant Recipients and Projects
- Adam Randall, Steve Hine, Karen Davis: Pin Ball Physics
- Meghan Strazicich, Greg Stoehr: Bio-Diversity DNA Bar Coding
- Caitlin Hannon, Galen Rosenberg: Impact of Reading Print vs Digital for World Literature
- Greg Stoehr: Visualization with Thermal Cameras in Life Sciences
- Trina Mattson: Biodiesel project
- Terri Salsman de Rodriguex: World Readiness Standards for learning languages
- Steve Hine, Adam Anderson: Makerspace 3D Design & Textile Lab
- Adam Randall: AI/Deep Learning technologies applied to ShadowCart robotic system
Mountain View High Grant Recipients and Projects
- Stephen Widmark: Rocketlab
- Madeline Maraglia:TEDx
- Stephen Widmark: Satellite Group
- Kristen Krauss: The English Podcast collective
- Olivia Lin, Meghan Engle: Art/English personal narratives/illustrations collection
- Jennifer Lewis: iFly STEM package activity
- Juan Pablo Alvarez: Video evidence of mathematical modeling activities
- Jared Darby, Madeline Miraglia: ASB program innovations
- Dana McDonnell: 24-Hr Composers Concert
- Suzanne Mello: Video resumes for students with special needs
- Lauren Camarillo: Spanish Children’s Story Book project for bilingual program
- Amy Beare: Oracle Digital Storytelling Initiative
- Kristine Bautista: Restaurant experience for SpEd students
- Jason Kneebone: Music as Muse
Alta Vista High Grant Recipients and Projects
- Lani Stevens: Music and Audio Production
- Shannon Wernette: 3D Printing: Tackling Real World Problems
- Shannon Wernette: Farm to Table – Phase II
News & Info
- MVLA ranked 3rd, 2017 Best School Districts in California. Read more.
- Extended Library Hours, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- AVID expands, students grow, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- Interview with LAHS College & Career Center Director, The Talon published August 19, 2016.
- MVLA foundation raises record-breaking grant funds, Town Crier published June 15, 2016.
- MVLA Foundation Awards Grants for Innovative Teacher Projects, Town Crier published Nov 18, 2015.
- Mountain View High Launches BYOD Program, Town Crier published July 26, 2015.
- First Year for Learning In the Cloud, Town Crier published July 2, 2015.
- New Science Technology for Classrooms, Town Crier published Nov. 13, 2013.
- Read our GreatNonprofits reviews!
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation.
- Support local merchants who support our schools.
- Support the realtors who support our schools.
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent