Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in programs that empower all students to thrive and succeed in Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848-246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2015-16 Annual Report
2015 Back-to-school Video ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– Class Size Reduction
– College and Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
OH THE PLACES THEY’LL GO!
MVLA High School District’s 2016 grads are planning to attend over 187 colleges and universities in 38 states and 5 countries.
MVLA College and Career Centers are fully funded by donations to the MVLA Foundation. Click on the map to view the details.
Thanks to parents, community members and businesses who have given generously to support the MVLA High School Foundation this year. Your donations helped our students achieve this success.
Congratulations Class of 2016!
NEW IN 2015-2016:
Innovative Learning Grants for Teachers
The MVLA Foundation kicked-off a new Innovative Learning Grants program by awarding $75,000 to 21 projects submitted by district teachers. Successful recipients received notice of the award on October 15th. “These teachers demonstrated innovative teaching ideas and ways to create a unique learning experience for students,” according to Margaret Gong, Co-Executive Director of the Foundation. READ MORE >
Your donation funds classroom cloud connectivity for all students. Starting in the 2015-16 school year, both Los Altos and Mountain View High Schools had BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) programs fully implemented. If you missed our Learning in the Cloud Showcase event, watch this video of how our students and teachers use digital devices and online resources in the classroom!
“Learning in the Cloud” will help all of our students gain needed 21st century skills so they hit the ground running in college and the work force.
News & Info
- MVLA foundation raises record-breaking grant funds, Town Crier published June 15, 2016.
- MVLA Foundation Awards Grants for Innovative Teacher Projects, Town Crier published Nov 18, 2015.
- Mountain View High Launches BYOD Program, Town Crier published July 26, 2015.
- First Year for Learning In the Cloud, Town Crier published July 2, 2015.
- New Science Technology for Classrooms, Town Crier published Nov. 13, 2013.
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation.
- Support local merchants who support our schools.
- Support the realtors who support our schools.
- Read our GreatNonprofits reviews!
Parent Education Speaker Series
We co-sponsor a Parent Education Speaker Series. View the exciting line-up of speakers.
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent