Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in programs that empower all students to thrive and succeed in Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848-246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2016-17 Annual Report ›
2017 Back-to-school Video ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– Class Size Reduction
– College and Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
Join us for the Phonathon
September 26 and 27
The MVLA High School Foundation is staging its annual fundraising event at 6:00pm on September 26 and 27. Don’t miss this fun event when parents, community members, district staff and teachers come together to help spread the word about the valuable academic programs our foundation funds in the local public high schools.
LACF Grant Drawing Winner
First-time Los Altos Community Foundation donors Lee Ann and Martin Shell recently won a community foundation drawing for a $1,000 grant to a qualified local nonprofit of their choice. A family discussion was held with twin sons, Benjamin and Christopher, who are juniors at Los Altos High School, and a group decision was made to direct the donation to the MVLA Foundation. Lee Ann, from left, presents the couple's $1,000 grant to MVLA High School Foundation co-directors Margaret Gong and Laura Roberts and MVLA District Superintendent Jeff Harding.
New Tutorial Center Coordinator
“The MVHS Tutorial Center is the best place to hang out and share knowledge” says Nancy Rafati, the new Tutorial Center Coordinator at MVHS. Nancy is the founder of Olimpico Learning, an education nonprofit which successfully partnered with Alta Vista science teacher, Shannon Wernette, to win an Inspire Mountain View community impact grant. Nancy has served on the boards of Camp Galileo, AYSO and Music Boosters. “My goal for my first year at the center is to build on the exemplary work of the previous coordinator and to increase students’ awareness to further integrate the center into the day-to-day life of MVHS.”
News & Info
- Local teachers use eclipse to celebrate wonder of science, Town Crier published August 16, 2017.
- Space Science Soars at MVHS, Innovative Learning Grant Project, MV Voice published July 21, 2017.
- MVLA Foundation Breaks Fundraising Record, Town Crier published June 21, 2017.
- Urban Farm Takes Root at Alta Vista High School, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier published May 31, 2017.
- LAHS Students Decode the Mysteries of Biodiversity, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier published May 17, 2017.
- From Composition to Concert, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier published April 12, 2017.
- Extended Library Hours, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- AVID expands, students grow, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- Support the Realtors and Local Merchants who support our schools!
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation.
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent