Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in programs that empower all students to thrive and succeed in Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848-246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2015-16 Annual Report
2016 Back-to-school Video ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– Class Size Reduction
– College and Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
This fall, graduates from Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools will become part of the freshman class at 188 colleges and universities across the U.S. and around the world.
Thank you to the parents, community members and businesses who gave generously to support the MVLA High School Foundation this year.
Record Foundation Grant to District
At the annual spring gifting dinner, held on April 26th, MVLA Foundation President Alan Cyron and Co-Executive Directors Laura Roberts and Margaret Gong (from left), presented the $1.595 million check to MVLA District School Board President Debbie Torok and Superintendent Dr. Jeff Harding. Foundation board members, district administrators, and school principals were also in attendance.
News & Info
- Urban Farm Takes Root at Alta Vista High School, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier published May 31, 2017.
- LAHS Students Decode the Mysteries of Biodiversity, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier published May 17, 2017.
- From Composition to Concert, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier published April 12, 2017.
- Extended Library Hours, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- AVID expands, students grow, Oracle, published Feb 10, 2017.
- Interview with LAHS College & Career Center Director, The Talon published August 19, 2016.
- MVLA foundation raises record-breaking grant funds, Town Crier published June 15, 2016.
- MVLA Foundation Awards Grants for Innovative Teacher Projects, Town Crier published Nov 18, 2015.
- Mountain View High Launches BYOD Program, Town Crier published July 26, 2015.
- First Year for Learning In the Cloud, Town Crier published July 2, 2015.
- New Science Technology for Classrooms, Town Crier published Nov. 13, 2013.
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation.
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent