Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in programs that empower all students to thrive and succeed in Mountain View and Los Altos High Schools. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848-246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2015-16 Annual Report
2016 Back-to-school Video ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– Class Size Reduction
– College and Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
THANK YOU to our many Phonathon volunteers!
Our sincere thanks to over 140 volunteers who worked Sept 20 and 21 to help spread the word by making phone calls, leaving messages, sending emails, writing notes and stuffing envelopes. The MVLA Foundation is pleased to announce that we brought in $238,000 in donations and pledges during those two days, which gets us closer to our goal of providing a $1,575,000 grant to the district this year.
A special thanks to Alain Pinel for generously offering the use of their office space again this year, and to Roxanne Coish and Manju Ramachandran for chairing this event.
If you haven’t made your donation yet, help us get to $1.575M and 100% parent participation by making your donation today.
Honor Roll of Realtors 2017 Program Launches!
We are pleased to announce the 2017 Honor Roll of Realtors program, which brings together real estate experts and philanthropy in support of our local public schools. To learn more, click here for program benefits and to make your donation before December 14, 2016.
Many thanks to the 2016 Honor Roll of Realtors who generously donated during last year’s program. We ask our school families to “support the Realtors who support our schools!”.
The Honor Roll of Realtors program was developed in partnership with the Los Altos Educational Foundation (LAEF) and the Mountain View Los Altos High School Foundation (MVLA) and has supported local schools since 1994.
Next Speaker: Barbara Bradley Hagerty speaks about “Life Reimagined: Redrawing the Map for our Health, Relationships, and Future” on Wednesday, Nov 9 2016, 7:00-9:00pm, Los Altos High School Eagle Theater.
View the exciting line-up of speakers and reserve your seat now!.
News & Info
- Interview with LAHS College & Career Center Director, The Talon published August 19, 2016.
- MVLA foundation raises record-breaking grant funds, Town Crier published June 15, 2016.
- MVLA Foundation Awards Grants for Innovative Teacher Projects, Town Crier published Nov 18, 2015.
- Mountain View High Launches BYOD Program, Town Crier published July 26, 2015.
- First Year for Learning In the Cloud, Town Crier published July 2, 2015.
- New Science Technology for Classrooms, Town Crier published Nov. 13, 2013.
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation.
- Support local merchants who support our schools.
- Support the realtors who support our schools.
- Read our GreatNonprofits reviews!
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent