What We Fund
Wellness Expenditures in 2016-17
- Challenge Success – a Stanford-based program which partners with schools to…
- implement practical, research-based solutions to improve student health and increase motivation and learning.
- encourage educators to create policies and practices that foster interpersonal and collaborative skills, adaptability and resilience, and the critical thinking and creativity needed to solve complex problems.
- An additional CHAC (Community Health Awareness Council) therapist
- Healthmaster software to track mental health services provided to students
- Staff web-based training (Kognito) to navigate conversation with students in crisis
- Exercise and yoga classes for “at-risk” students through the YMCA
- Resource cards (printing) for students
- Training for counselors, therapists and psychologists through Stanford University
- Mindfulness for Teens to Ease Stress and Difficult Emotions
- Staff Training on “Still Quiet Place” methodology
- Workbooks for incoming LAHS 9th graders
- R&D to explore creation of Wellness Centers on campuses
- On-campus yoga/Zumba classes for MVHS staff
- Latino Family Mindfulness Training
- PIQE – Parent Institute for Quality Education (Latino community)
Make communities desirable places to live, and help keep property values high.