Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in a learning environment that empowers all students to thrive and succeed. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848246.
Quick Links ›
Our District Schools
Go to the District website for information about our schools:
MVLA District Website
This year, the MVLA Foundation has committed to raise
Donations of any amount bring us closer to our goal!
With the support of high school families and community members, the MVLA High School Foundation reached its $2.091 million goal and funded essential and innovative academic programs for over 4,300 students in 2020-21.
Please read the 2020-21 Annual Report to see our programs and view the list of participating volunteers and donors to whom we are extremely grateful.
News & Info
- College and Career Center: Coordinating futures and impacting lives, LAHS Talon, September 28, 2020
- New Tutorial Center coordinator to bring changes to tutoring programs, LAHS Talon, September 23, 2020
- MVLA hires distance-learning admin as fall plans take shape, LA Town Crier, July 6, 2020
- LAHS physics student leverages specialized equipment and distance learning to master astrophotography
- MVLA Foundation Gives Record Grant, Los Altos Town Crier, July 17, 2019
- Thanks to the real estate agents who support our schools. Check out our 2020 Honor Roll of Realty
- The Writing Center makes it’s debut, Innovative Learning Grant Project, LAHS Talon, October 13, 2018
- Amanda Terry Hired as Science Lab Technician, MVHS Oracle, Sept 21, 2018
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Nellie Meyer, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent