Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in a learning environment that empowers all students to thrive and succeed. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848246.
Quick Links ›
- Board of Directors ›
- Annual Report ›
- 2019 College Map ›
- 2019 Parent Survey Results ›
- 2018 Year In Review ›
- 2018 Smart Giving Seminar ›
- FAQs ›
Phonathon Volunteers and Sponsors
On behalf of the MVLA High School Foundation, we would like to thank all of you for the amazing job you did on September 24th and 25th! We had a total of 142 callers from both nights!
Over 1,680 individuals were contacted in 15 different languages, 1,204 follow-up mailers were processed, hundreds of voice mails were left and emails sent. Best of all, $38,573 in donations were received over the two days and $123,368 was pledged.
We really appreciate all you did to juggle carpools, meetings, work and family responsibilities just to make yourself available. You did a fantastic job making calls, passionately sharing the benefits of the MVLA Foundation, encouraging past donors to take advantage of matching opportunities, and motivating those who have never given before. Also, special thanks go to the back office volunteers who patiently sorted call sheets and stuffed envelopes. You all worked like a well-oiled machine.
An additional thanks to Compass (formerly Alain Pinel) for sharing their offices with us, and to Dish Dash and Chef Chu’s for providing a delicious dinner each night. You have all helped us to achieve our fundraising goal – and deserve thanks for making a big difference in our schools!
Rebecca Lowell & Natasha Keck, MVLA Phonathon Co-Chairs
& The MVLA High School Foundation Board
What teachers are saying about their Innovative Learning Grants…
News & Info
- MVLA Foundation Gives Record Grant, Los Altos Town Crier, July 17, 2019
- The MVLA Foundation Explained, video produced by LAHS students for The Talon, March 2019.
- Thanks to the realtors who support our schools. Check out our 2019 Honor Roll of Realtors
- The Writing Center makes it’s debut, Innovative Learning Grant Project, LAHS Talon, October 13, 2018
- Amanda Terry Hired as New Science Lab Technician, MVHS Oracle, Sept 21, 2018
- Foundation President receives Honorary Service Award from LAMV PTA Council, May 14, 2018
- College-Bound Students Network with Silicon Valley Employees, MV Voice, March 23, 2018
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Nellie Meyer, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent