Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in a learning environment that empowers all students to thrive and succeed. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848246.
Quick Links ›
- Board of Directors ›
- Annual Report ›
- 2019 College Map ›
- 2019 Parent Survey Results ›
- 2018 Year In Review ›
- 2018 Smart Giving Seminar ›
- FAQs ›
Calling All Volunteers!
The annual MVLA Foundation Phonathon is on Tuesday, Sept. 24 and Wednesday, Sept. 25 from 6-9 p.m., at the offices of Compass Real Estate (formerly known as Alain Pinel), 167 S. San Antonio Road, in Los Altos.
We need 100 volunteers each night to call district families and ask for donations. We make it easy with scripts and a short, friendly training – and there’s plenty of food and good company!
We can’t do it without your support. Please sign up to join us by enrolling online!
The MVLA Foundation Board is seeking a results-oriented Co-Executive Director to share a full-time position with the existing Co-Executive Director. Click on the following link to learn about this open position.
With the support of high school families and community members, the MVLA High School Foundation surpassed its $1.804 million goal and funded essential and innovative academic programs for over 4,300 students in 2018-19.
Please read the 2018-19 Annual Report to learn about our programs and view the list of participating volunteers and donors to whom we are extremely grateful.
What teachers are saying about their Innovative Learning Grants…
News & Info
- MVLA Foundation Gives Record Grant, Los Altos Town Crier, July 17, 2019
- The MVLA Foundation Explained, video produced by LAHS students for The Talon, March 2019.
- Thanks to the realtors who support our schools. Check out our 2019 Honor Roll of Realtors
- The Writing Center makes it’s debut, Innovative Learning Grant Project, LAHS Talon, October 13, 2018
- Amanda Terry Hired as New Science Lab Technician, MVHS Oracle, Sept 21, 2018
- Foundation President receives Honorary Service Award from LAMV PTA Council, May 14, 2018
- College-Bound Students Network with Silicon Valley Employees, MV Voice, March 23, 2018
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Nellie Meyer, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent