Who We Are
The MVLA High School Foundation invests in an innovative learning environment that provides the opportunity for all students to grow and thrive. Donations are tax-deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848246.
Quick Links ›
Our District Schools
Go to the District website for information about our schools:
MVLA District Website
This year, the MVLA Foundation has committed to raise
Donations of any amount bring us closer to our goal!
The MVLA Foundation recently completed a survey of families to determine how well our Foundation-funded programs and resources are meeting the needs of students. Thank you for your input, and please take a moment to see a summary of the survey results.
The survey data will be shared with the MVLA administration, the principals, and the Board of Trustees to assist them in their resource planning and decision-making for the 2022-23 school year. Thank you for your donations which make our programs possible!
News & Info
- Record support from the Honor Roll of Realty 2022
- Tutorial Center modernizes old system, LAHS Talon, February 14, 2022
- MVLA Foundation Phonathon set for today, Los Altos Town Crier, October 6, 2021
- LAHS to administer on-campus SAT and PSAT in October, LAHS Talon, August 25, 2021
- College and Career Center: Coordinating futures and impacting lives, LAHS Talon, September 28, 2020
- New Tutorial Center coordinator to bring changes to tutoring programs, LAHS Talon, September 23, 2020
- MVLA hires distance-learning admin as fall plans take shape, LA Town Crier, July 6, 2020
- LAHS physics student leverages specialized equipment and distance learning to master astrophotography
- MVLA Foundation Gives Record Grant, Los Altos Town Crier, July 17, 2019
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Nellie Meyer, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent