Who We Are
The Mountain View-Los Altos High School Foundation invests in a learning environment that empowers all students to thrive and succeed. Donations are tax deductible, as we are a nonprofit public benefit 501(c)3 corporation — Tax ID number 94-2848246.
Co-Executive Directors ›
Board of Directors ›
2017-18 Annual Report ›
2018 Parent Survey Results
2018 Back-to-School Video ›
2018 College Map ›
Short Subject Videos ›
– PSAT Overview
– Tutorial Centers
– College & Career Centers
– Learning in the Cloud
– Why Gift Appreciated Stock?
MVLA Foundation Phonathon
Dear Phonathon Volunteers,
We would like to thank all of you for the amazing job at the Phonathon on September 25 and 26! We had a total of 125 callers from both nights.
Over 1,800 individuals were contacted, 1316 follow-up mailers were processed, hundreds of voice mails were left and emails sent. Best of all, $223K in donations and pledges were received.
We really appreciate all you did to juggle carpools, business meetings, work and family responsibilities just to make yourself available. You did a fantastic job making calls and passionately sharing the benefits of MVLA Foundation-funded programs and services for our students. Also, special thanks go to the back office volunteers who patiently sorted call sheets and stuffed envelopes and to Susan Sims at Alain Pinel for hosting us. You all worked as a well-oiled machine.
Thanks again for helping us achieve our Phonathon goal – and for making a big difference in our schools!
Rebecca Lowell, MVLA Phonathon Chair
& The MVLA High School Foundation Board
Thank you to Alain Pinel for hosting our Phonathon!
Annual Report for 2017-18
We’d like to share our 2017-18 MVLA Foundation’s Annual Report with you. It’s new, and it’s online!
Take a look at the latest programs, and check out the long list of high school families, alumni families and community members who support local education. Thanks to everyone who chipped in to make this a successful year for our students!
News & Info
- The Writing Center makes it’s debut, Innovative Learning Grant Project, LAHS Talon, October 13, 2018
- Amanda Terry Hired as New Science Lab Technician, MVHS Oracle, Sept 21, 2018
- MVLA Foundation Provides Record Grant, Los Altos Town Crier, May 30, 2018
- Foundation President receives Honorary Service Award from LAMV PTA Council, May 14, 2018
- College-Bound Students Network with Silicon Valley Employees, MV Voice, March 23, 2018
- AVID PEAK program wins Hoffman Award, MVLA Press Release, March 7, 2018
- Superintendent’s Leadership Circle Town Hall Breakfast Photos, March 1, 2018
- Support the realtors who support our schools. Check out our 2018 Honor Roll of Realtors
- LACF Grant Drawing Winner directs donation to MVLA, August 2017
- Local teachers use eclipse to celebrate wonder of science, Town Crier August 16, 2017
- Urban Farm Takes Root at Alta Vista High School, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier May 31, 2017
- LAHS Students Decode the Mysteries of Biodiversity, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier May 17, 2017
- From Composition to Concert, Innovative Learning Grant Project, Town Crier April 12, 2017
- Extended Library Hours, Oracle, Feb 10, 2017
- AVID expands, students grow, Oracle, Feb 10, 2017
- Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion of your purchases will support the foundation
What People Say About the Foundation…
“As a result of the foundation’s investment in the College and Career Centers, more of our students are gaining admission into their first choice colleges.”
– Dr. Jeff Harding, MVLA Superintendent
“The Foundation has allowed our high schools to maintain the best possible learning environment for all of our students… We would not be the schools that we are today without the support of the MVLA Foundation.”
– Wynne Satterwhite, LAHS Principal
“On Naviance I could see what GPAs and test scores it took to get into to each college, and I created a list of schools realistic for me.”
– MVLA High School Foundation Student
“Smaller classe sizes enable teachers to spend more time with each student and better cater to multiple learning styles. We can build personal rapport and help our 9th grade students as they mature and adapt to the demands of high school.”
– MVLA High School District Teacher
“The Tutorial Center has really been my daughter’s lifeline in honors and AP chem. Thanks!”
– MVLA High School District Parent